Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Transparent Background for Posts

This was what I was looking for a while. Since I have an underwater picture in background for funkymonks, I didn't want to override it with a post background although I needed a background for posts itself because posts are not seem clear without it. Finally I saw our course instructor did that somehow for gadget backgrounds. 
http://easypeasydesign.blogspot.com/2011/04/blogspot-stuff-this-too-is-awesome-inc.html

Then, by the help of our teaching assistant I managed to do that. This is how I did it:

Firstly, we create a file 32x32 or 16x16 in photoshop and we fill it with a transparent color as we want. Then save it as png-24. Upload it to a hosting site and get a direct link. Then find this in your html editor:

.date-outer {

instead of this : background-color: $(post.background.color);
put this : background: url("your direct link here") repeat;

Finally, here is the result:


......................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment